Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Preparations Began ...

Everything must be well planned if you are going out with your friends and your family. Most importantly, the vehicle which would be your companion for your trip and in our case it was Shobhit's Zen. The first and foremost thing to be done was getting it in proper shape because 3-4 days back only, Shobhit with his family went to Bareilly and the car needed a tinge of service.

These media people "Their life SUCK". No timings nothing. But, the interesting part about their day to day life is the kind of challenges they face. Creative instincts at their peak and they are constantly searching for something new. Their 8 hour shift would stretch to a 12 hour or even in a 24 hour shift and they cannot give an excuse for that to detain themselves with their regular work.

Well, so the initial discussions about the entire trip began on Google talk ( it saves a lot of money that we spend on calling). Who would be coming with us ? How much money should be there with us and most importantly, the car has to be checked before hitting the road. 

As a matter of fact, I'm not a very good driver. I know driving, but I'm not that skilled to drive well on a highway or any crowded place (every bloody place is crowded though) . I know I should be ashamed of this fact but I'm a true besharam and I don't care about it.

The things which were to be done in the Zen were
1. Engine Oil had to be changed. 
2. The stereo was not working. FM was working though.
3. Regular dhulai, safai of the car. 
4. It had to be tanked up as we had decided to hit the road by 5:30 A.M.

So, I called up my friend (won't mention his name) to help me out with the entire thing because of the fact that I'm not good with cars and secondly he knew how to drive properly. But, the bugger went off to some other place after talking to me on phone and asking me to come to his place at around 15:15. After reaching his place, when I called him up to come outside, he told me that he is in Noida and won't be able to come with me and I was like WTF. ( Yes, I'm using the Eff word). 

It has happened with me many times that, people whom I think I can rely upon turn out to be the biggest losers and now I've decided to not to be nice to them anymore. But, read more about that on my personal blog www.yatingupta.blogspot.com

So, I decided to get all these things all alone myself. And what I did was ..... 

1. Engine Oil : We can change it ourselves. Though, the used engine oil  has to be taken out first, but we can always top it up ( I don't know if I'm right about this.). So, I got a litre of Castrol engine oil. (Castrol waalo ke liye free ki publicity) 

2. Stereo Problem : Dunno, how to go about it, but then after discussing it with Shobhit, we jumped on to the auxillary 3.5 cm plug in cord and I got that for Rs. 20 from Shiva Tower (it is the computer accessory hub in Ghaziabad).

3. Regular dhulai safai can be compomised as car ki band to bajni hi thi Rajasthan jaake. 

4. And last but not the least, for tanking up the car, we decided to hit the road by 6:30 A.M as all the petrol pumps get opened up by 6:00 A.M

After, doing all this, just to check if that auxillary cable would work or not, I went to Shobhit's place and asked for keys from Aunty. Sat in the car, plugged my Nokia E-63 using that cable in the car's stereo .... Liya bhagwaan ka naam ... and VOILA ..... it worked ...... and the first song that came in my mind was ...... "Sheila ki Jawani" .... ;-) ;-) ( And the song has a story behind it )

Contd.

No comments:

Post a Comment